Thread: Ongoing changes

Ongoing changes

My youngest is ready to plan another trip to WDW. I'm a bit hesitant because of all the construction going on right now. Unlike the new Fantasy Land where it was limited to one area, the changes seem to be all over the place.

What all is under construction RIGHT NOW, and does anyone know of the "proposed dates" its due to be finished?
    What has been finished in the last year? We haven't been down there since June 2013.
    Any plans for new construction to begin soon?

If it's in one area (land) we can deal with that, but if it's still in a lot of areas, or major attractions it may be better to wait another year.
    Cyndi
    I don't want perfect, I want worth it.

A Strong woman has Faith;
    That she is Strong Enough for the Journey.
    But a Woman of Strength has Faith;
    That it is in the Journey, that she will Become Strong

I need to get a life besides MouseBuzz!! smallworld's Avatar
    2nd Star to the right, and straight on till morning....(but really in Virginia)

Re: Ongoing changes

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeybug View Post
    My youngest is ready to plan another trip to WDW. I'm a bit hesitant because of all the construction going on right now. Unlike the new Fantasy Land where it was limited to one area, the changes seem to be all over the place.

What all is under construction RIGHT NOW, and does anyone know of the "proposed dates" its due to be finished?
    What has been finished in the last year? We haven't been down there since June 2013.
    Any plans for new construction to begin soon?

If it's in one area (land) we can deal with that, but if it's still in a lot of areas, or major attractions it may be better to wait another year.
    Other than the construction going on at DTD, I don't see where there is a lot right now...The hat has been removed, and the walls should be down soon, but that doesn't affect any attractions. The hub in the MK still has some construction going on, so the walls are still up there....I think the big project is in the AK with changes there...Avatar land for one.

But there are always constructions and refurbishments going on there...always something closed temporarily...
    The Disney website has a page somewhere that shows exactly what is closed at a certain time. I'm going in April and I haven't even looked....it is what it is...that's why there is always a reason to go back. We don't go but every 2-3 years (except for a special trip this year) so there are always some changes to see!!
    1983---Off Property
    1987---Hyatt--Disney Village * 1990---Disney Village Townhouses(Villas)
    1991---Guest Quarters--Disney Village * 1992---DL * 1994---PO * *1995---ASM* 1997---CS * 2000---CS
    2003---WDW Dolphin * 2004---Offsite---School Chorus Trip
    2005---Pop * 2007---POFQ!!!!
    2007---Offsite-JW Marriott Grand Lakes * 2009---POFQ
    2012---POFQ * 2014---POFQ * 2015---SSR * 2015---DL/DL Hotel
    (I think I have forgotten some in there somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Other than the construction going on at DTD, I don't see where there is a lot right now...The hat has been removed, and the walls should be down soon, but that doesn't affect any attractions. The hub in the MK still has some construction going on, so the walls are still up there....I think the big project is in the AK with changes there...Avatar land for one.

But there are always constructions and refurbishments going on there...always something closed temporarily...
    The Disney website has a page somewhere that shows exactly what is closed at a certain time. I'm going in April and I haven't even looked....it is what it is...that's why there is always a reason to go back. We don't go but every 2-3 years (except for a special trip this year) so there are always some changes to see!!
    Is this going on?

Disney Springs incl parking lot- 30-40%

AK-
    Nighttime spectacular (or is that one in the same?)

MK-
    Hub construction
    POC down until the fall

EP-
    Norway
    New Soarin (have they started that yet?) Done by late 2016

HS-
    The Hat..done
    BackLot Tour- closed for something else.
    What else is closed there?
    TSM- done by late 2016

We weren't planning on staying at Poly next go around so no big deal there.
    Last edited by Mickeybug; 03-05-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    Cyndi

We got home on the 21, there was A LOT of construction EVERYWHERE. If it was my first time ever in the parks I would have been HIGHLY disappointed. We didn't even take a picture in front of the castle, which we always do, because of all the green walls up in front of it. Every park had walls up and construction, it really took away from the Magical experience. We did make the best of our trip and had a good time; but all that construction...ugh!!!
    Tiggerific is my DH
    1994 October:Beach Club Resort-Honeymoon 1997 April:POFQ 2003 February:POFQ / October:All Star Sports
    September:Coronado Springs (Hurricane Jeanne) 2007 Jan:POFQ /Aug:Caribbean Beach
    August:All Star Sports / December:Wilderness Lodge 2009 April:Pop Century /August:Pop 2010 April:Pop
    2011May:Pop 2012April:Caribbean Beach 2015February:Caribbean Beach2016August:Coronado Springs

Greatest Coaster Ever! Soundgod's Avatar

Most plausible rumor is the replacement of Lights, Motors, Action with Cars Land similar to the one in DCA.
    Along with this, the Backlot Tour's space will be absorbed into Cars Land.
    What time does the 4 o'clock parade start?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundgod View Post
    Most plausible rumor is the replacement of Lights, Motors, Action with Cars Land similar to the one in DCA.
    Along with this, the Backlot Tour's space will be absorbed into Cars Land.
    I just read in the DW blog that they're going ahead with the TSM and Soarin expansion with work expected to be completed in late 2016. I hope they aren't doing both at the same time.
    Cyndi

Greatest Coaster Ever! Soundgod's Avatar

I wonder what they mean by expansion of Soarin' and TSM.
    Soarin' certainly could use a Florida based ride film, but expansion seems to imply the building of one or two additional "theaters". And what kind of expansion would they do to TSM other than building a second ride system in order to increase capacity?
    What time does the 4 o'clock parade start?

I need to get a life besides MouseBuzz!! smallworld's Avatar
    2nd Star to the right, and straight on till morning....(but really in Virginia)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundgod View Post
    I wonder what they mean by expansion of Soarin' and TSM.
    Soarin' certainly could use a Florida based ride film, but expansion seems to imply the building of one or two additional "theaters". And what kind of expansion would they do to TSM other than building a second ride system in order to increase capacity?
    I can't find the page now, but they are adding another Soarin...theater I guess you call it? More ride access more people....same with TSM....they are expanding the ride area to put an additional track in.... I'm not sure if they are changing anything about the ride itself...just more space. TSM will expand easily next door, but I'm not sure where Soarin will expand?
    1983---Off Property
    1987---Hyatt--Disney Village * 1990---Disney Village Townhouses(Villas)
    1991---Guest Quarters--Disney Village * 1992---DL * 1994---PO * *1995---ASM* 1997---CS * 2000---CS
    2003---WDW Dolphin * 2004---Offsite---School Chorus Trip
    2005---Pop * 2007---POFQ!!!!
    2007---Offsite-JW Marriott Grand Lakes * 2009---POFQ
    2012---POFQ * 2014---POFQ * 2015---SSR * 2015---DL/DL Hotel
    (I think I have forgotten some in there somewhere)

The construction at downtown Disney made it a nightmare because there is only one bus stop now and if you are there with someone with mobility issues get a scooter or wheelchair. It is too much to walk down one end and no bus stop to have to turn back around and walk all the way back.
    It all started with a Mouse!

1990 WDW off property,2005 WDW Pop Century,2007 WDW All Star Music,2008 Disney Wonder Cruise,2008 WDW All Star Movies,2009 WDW Kidani Village,
    2010 Disney Wonder Cruise, 2011 WDW Jambo House and Disney Dream Cruise 2012 Pop Century, 2013 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Old Key West