Thread: Disappointed in Quicksilver

Disappointed in Quicksilver

Based on the recommendations here, I arranged for Quicksilver to pickup up my wife at the Orlando airport this evening. Stopping first at DTD for guest services before going to hotel. She was very disappointed. The driver didn't speak English and could barely communicate with her. Didn't know where to go once she got to DTD and when my wife looked at the dashboard to see how fast she was driving, none of the gauges were working at all. Hello? Safety issues!

I really expected better than this. Was this a fluke or has the quality diminished? I seriously doubt I will be using this service again.
    Here every day even though I may not be logged in.

Re: Disappointed in Quicksilver

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We have used them very regularly and have never had an issue. Shoot Gregory a message. The language he may not always be able to correct, but his drivers not knowing where they are going or cars not being in repair he can fix. We have always had great service from them, and using them again in a month.
    OCt 29 - Nov 5/6 Off site
    Dec 3 - 10/11 Off site

Wow - that is odd. Def get in touch w/the owner.
    1979 - Wilderness Campground;
    1999 - AllStar - 1st trip with my children;
    2001 - Beach Club - 1st trip with DW/ I as a CM;
    2004 - SSR - 1st trip as a DVC member;
    2005 - Beach Club;
    2006 - SSR;
    2007 - Boardwalk;
    2008 - OKW;
    2009 - A Tree House;
    2010 - SSR;
    2011 - Wilderness Lodge: 1st W&F Festival w/ DDs
    2013 - SSR/BLT: 1st W&F with all 5 Mini-mice
    2014 - VGF -VGK 55th Bday

Quote Originally Posted by Captgoodguy View Post
    Based on the recommendations here, I arranged for Quicksilver to pickup up my wife at the Orlando airport this evening. Stopping first at DTD for guest services before going to hotel. She was very disappointed. The driver didn't speak English and could barely communicate with her. Didn't know where to go once she got to DTD and when my wife looked at the dashboard to see how fast she was driving, none of the gauges were working at all. Hello? Safety issues!

I really expected better than this. Was this a fluke or has the quality diminished? I seriously doubt I will be using this service again.
    Sorry to hear your wife had this experience. Our driver Sirene does speak English though, not perfect (she is from Brazil), but we have never had any complaints about that, ever. She has been with us for quite a while and it is the first time I hear a complaint about her communication skills. She is the sweetest and a very professional chauffeur.

She also knows perfectly well where DTD is as she has been in this business for over 20 years.
    The DTD stop (which was traded for the grocery store stop as a favor) wasn't at a specific location; all we knew was she needed "guest services". Keep in mind, DTD have been through many changes in this past 2 years. Actually it is not even called DTD anymore, it is now "Disney Springs".

As for the dashboard; it has been an ongoing problem we have been trying to fix but it keeps coming back. It is not a safety issue though, and rest assured, our vehicles are extremely safe and go through very tough inspections every year. Although I understand the concern and I'm sorry this might have created doubt.

I apologize for the inconvenience your wife might have had and will address the issues listed in a timely matter. I have already spoken with the driver who also apologizes for any inconvenience she might have caused your wife.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Gregory,
    I just replied to your email privately, but after reading your response here I feel I should respond publicly so all of the facts are on the table.

We were not informed that the change from a grocery stop was changed "as a favor". If you had identified such "favor" we would have re-evaluated our employment of your company. At no time was this communicated to us as something not allowed. Whether the stop is at one address over another doesn't make sense to me, but it's your company and that is your call but we were not informed of this rule. I would suggest a more clear disclaimer that your service will only go to a grocery store.

I also didn't mention previously on this board but the driver did not offer to assist my wife with her bag. I'm not sure that earns a very high score in customer service.

Next if you read my original post again, I didn't say she didn't know where DTD is. I said once she got there she didn't know where to go. For someone who has been in the business for over 20 years, how could she not know where Guest Services is located? Yes there have been changes but Guest Services is still where it has been for a few years now.

Also, as I mentioned in my private email to you she parked in an unauthorized spot and ignored the Disney security officer's order to move her vehicle. This created a problem and another officer had to be brought in to make her move the vehicle. I can't believe that Quicksilver would encourage their drivers to ignore an officer's commands. At least I hope not.

As for the name change, I'm perfectly aware of the name change as I've been going to DTD longer than your driver has been in the business. If you read these forums, you will find many people will refer to their legacy names for some time after a name has been changed.

Your explanation stating that you are “trying” to fix the speedometer problem is slightly different from the email you sent me. Cut and pasted from your reply, “As for the vehicle gauges; this particular vehicle has had this ongoing problem and the mechanics can't fix it.” I’m confused. Are they still attempting to correct it or has it been deemed unfixable? I would love to be able to use the line on a police officer that a car is "being operated safely with no speedometer working” if I'm ever pulled over for speeding. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.

As someone who has been a member of this board longer than you have, we discuss all things Disney here. We let our members know about the good experiences and we also let them know about the bad experiences. In this case, your first impression with my wife was bad. In my private email to you, I offered a few sincere suggestions to remedy the problem including the comment I was not looking for anyone to lose their job.

To the rest of the group reading this, I've always called it straight, both good and bad. My comments are a recap of the experience my wife had. I'm simply sharing it here. Thanks for your replies as that was what I asking for in my original post. Was this bad service a fluke or was this routine? Two people responded with opinions that I value. As we all know, you can’t get a great experience every time. You just try to determine if this is standard operating procedure or not so you will know who to go with the next time you need a similar service.

Two new comments since my original post. 1 - The driver was a nice person. I never said she wasn’t. She just failed in the various customer service and law related issues already discussed here. Communication, helping with the bags, ignoring an officer's order to move, etc. 2 - The driver who picked up my wife the next day was much better and I conveyed that to Gregory in my first private email to him.

Finally, I want to make it clear I did not post this in order to get my money back. In fact, on the rare occasion when I’ve had bad service from a company I don’t ask for it back and have even declined it as I want the complaint to be taken as a sincere complaint so action to correct the situation will be taken. Not one that appears I’m just scamming the company in order to get something for free. They have my money this time. It’s all future opportunities that they should be concerned about earning. Keeping customers for future business is one of the first things about running a company.

Enough said. Back to magical experiences. Thanks timsha and Boss for your comments. As I said, I value your opinions.

If Gregory wishes to comment further, I suggest a private email to me. We don’t want this to become a back and forth thing.
    Here every day even though I may not be logged in.

Mr. Good guy,

Although my job right now would be to be courteous, polite, professional, customer service oriented, and simply apologize and agree with you (well, your wife), mostly in an open forum like this one I've been a member and friend for 11 years (yeah, I know, 1 year less than you), your passive aggressive testament above (hearsay) made me doubt for a quick moment the powers I have to hold my businessman instincts and not tell you how I really feel, but I will do just that, unwillingly, and give you only this short and simple open response.

Most of your anecdotal statements are false and/or over-exaggerated.

You'd asked "Was this a fluke or has the quality diminished?", well, let me answer it for you, NEITHER as "this" never happened the way it has been described. Our 14 year old record is pristine and will remain so even after "your" embellished and overemphasized comments.

If you wish to continue, I'd also suggest a private email to me as I too don't want it to be a back and forth "thing".
    Last edited by quicksilver; 10-03-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timsha View Post
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We have used them very regularly and have never had an issue. Shoot Gregory a message. The language he may not always be able to correct, but his drivers not knowing where they are going or cars not being in repair he can fix. We have always had great service from them, and using them again in a month.
    Hey timsha,

thanks for the support and of course for the repeated business. We'll see you in 30 days. ;-)

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

How about them Eagles?
    1979 - Wilderness Campground;
    1999 - AllStar - 1st trip with my children;
    2001 - Beach Club - 1st trip with DW/ I as a CM;
    2004 - SSR - 1st trip as a DVC member;
    2005 - Beach Club;
    2006 - SSR;
    2007 - Boardwalk;
    2008 - OKW;
    2009 - A Tree House;
    2010 - SSR;
    2011 - Wilderness Lodge: 1st W&F Festival w/ DDs
    2013 - SSR/BLT: 1st W&F with all 5 Mini-mice
    2014 - VGF -VGK 55th Bday

We have taken Quicksilver and only Quicksilver for all of our trips to WDW and were always well served. Yes, the drivers are all Brazilian but the communication was always very good, friendly and even jovial.
    I say it was a fluke but it's too late for that now :(
    WDW Theme Parks Moderator
    - moderating with a twist
    x*)
    x. .*)xxxx.*)
    (. Adventures of an Innkeeper
    *)

Limser was my first MB friend ~ Pepperstink is my cheesy friend
    Doughnut, HB and Limser are my Michigan Martini Madness cohorts
    MissDisney is the better cookie baker
    Pu is back

Cookies - not just for breakfast anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Mouse View Post
    How about them Eagles?
    Boss, you have always cracked me up.
    OCt 29 - Nov 5/6 Off site
    Dec 3 - 10/11 Off site

Quote Originally Posted by timsha View Post
    Boss, you have always cracked me up.
    Ditto I say. Ditto. Go EAGLES
    It all started with a Mouse!

1990 WDW off property,2005 WDW Pop Century,2007 WDW All Star Music,2008 Disney Wonder Cruise,2008 WDW All Star Movies,2009 WDW Kidani Village,
    2010 Disney Wonder Cruise, 2011 WDW Jambo House and Disney Dream Cruise 2012 Pop Century, 2013 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Old Key West