Thread: Pandora

Pandora

We were accidentally at Walt Disney World for the opening of Pandora. Truthfully, I wasn't all that thrilled with our timing. All it meant to me was bigger crowds all over. I've never seen Avatar so I wasn't even looking forward to seeing the new part of the park. However......

Disney did an AMAZING job with Pandora and Flight of Passage. The whole area is beautiful, especially at night. I didn't do any research before we left, I wasn't even sure we would go see it. I was actually pretty sure we would skip it. We decided to brave the crowds on Monday (May 29) and see what it was all about. I'm so glad we did. Flight of Passage is awesome, we loved it. I didn't book a fastpass since I wasn't sure what the ride was about and I wasn't sure our son would like it since he's not a thrill ride guy. I booked a fastpass for Na'vi River instead. I guessed that was tamer since it didn't have a height requirement. I could not have been more wrong-Nate LOVED Flight of Passage. We got to the park a few minutes before 8 (7am EMH) and had a 90 minute wait. We enjoyed Flight of Passage so much we went back two more times and rode standby. The whole Pandora area is beautiful at night. Disney did a great job with it.

Now, Na'vi River wasn't all that great. It's nice but soooo not worth the 2-3 hour waits we saw. The queue was all the way down a hot sidewalk. The people in line looked miserable and the end result is a short little boat ride.
    Last edited by DisneyTeacher; 06-11-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    ~*Stephanie*~

1993 Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 1996 Caribbean Beach resort ~1997 Caribbean Beach ~2003 Wilderness Lodge~2004 Beach Club/Shades of Green/Pop~ 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club ~ 2006 Saratoga Springs~2007 French Quarter/Beach Club/Boardwalk ~2007 Port Orleans Riverside~ 2008 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club~2008 Beach Club~2009 Hilton Head Island~ 2009 Beach Club~2010 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club~2011 Beach Club/Pop~2011 Beach Club

Re: Pandora

Thank you for the update DT. We are on the fence if we will do them in September or December, and let the crowds die down. We are not fans of standing in line for 2 or 3 hours for any attraction. We did the same thing with TSM.
    OCt 29 - Nov 5/6 Off site
    Dec 3 - 10/11 Off site

Quote Originally Posted by timsha View Post
    Thank you for the update DT. We are on the fence if we will do them in September or December, and let the crowds die down. We are not fans of standing in line for 2 or 3 hours for any attraction. We did the same thing with TSM.

I think it's worth it to use a fastpass for it if you can get one. It's going to be tough to get one at 30 days out but you may get lucky and score one that someone cancels. We usually aren't wait in long lines people but we did it mostly accidentally and didn't regret it.
    Last edited by DisneyTeacher; 06-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    ~*Stephanie*~

1993 Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 1996 Caribbean Beach resort ~1997 Caribbean Beach ~2003 Wilderness Lodge~2004 Beach Club/Shades of Green/Pop~ 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club ~ 2006 Saratoga Springs~2007 French Quarter/Beach Club/Boardwalk ~2007 Port Orleans Riverside~ 2008 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club~2008 Beach Club~2009 Hilton Head Island~ 2009 Beach Club~2010 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club~2011 Beach Club/Pop~2011 Beach Club

I need to get a life besides MouseBuzz!! bethishooked's Avatar

We did the same, rode FOP 3 times and if I had more time, would probably would have rode it even more. Flight of Passage is PHENOMENAL!!! Seeing my Sister couldn't get her tickets until day of, we didn't have any FPs so we stood in line the day we arrived on June 4th. It only took us 75 minutest to go through the line (posted as a 120 minute wait). The next time, it was posted 110 minutes so we got in line again, but took 250 minutes. Wasn't bad though as made friends with surrounding people in line so went by faster than we thought. Then the luck happened. Was on MDE changing a FP time for another ride. Took a peak of what else is available....low and behold, Flight of Passage at 8:45pm. Grabbed it with a cheer!!!

To everyone curious, even if you haven't seen the movie, or didn't like it, FOP cannot be missed. Best ride ever!!!
    9/02 - AKL ~ 9/03 - CBR ~ 1/05 - AKL
    8/06 - AKL (1 night PC) ~ 6/07 - POFQ ~ 8/08 - AKL (1 night AS)
    4/09 - POFQ - Beth & Mom Trip! ~ 11/09 - OKW 3/10 - BLT & AKV (1 night PC)
    9/10 - BCV ~ 3/11 - AKV-Jambo House~ 9/11 - AKV-Jambo House
    5/12 - BCV ~ 9/12 - OKW & AKV-Jambo House
    ~ 10/12 - AKV-Jambo House
    4/13
    - AKV-Jambo House ~ 10/13 - VWL

We were there on opening day. We got FP's for the river ride which to me was PoC in a different world. It was ok , but definitely not worth waiting in line 200+ minutes. The 250+ minute wait for Flight eliminated our possibility of going on that attraction so we will revisit in during our return in September.

Now the entire area was impressive especially the floating mountain. I too have never seen the movie but was very pleased with the area.

Understandably the first day the wait is going to be insane. Even the gift shop had a line getting into it. One CM told us it was all hands on deck that day. This particular CM was a trainer, but they brought him out to the park to help that day. It was an experience that we decided we want to have even though we knew it was going to be beyond crowded.
    Here every day even though I may not be logged in.

I was at WDW last week and rode Flight of Passage twice, once with a FP and once waiting in line about 100 minutes. Even with the wait, this ride is worth it. Right now, I'd say it's my favorite ride of all time. (My wife and son think Soarin' is better) My only complaint about the ride is the 3D glasses didn't fit my daughter very well and she had to hold them during most of the ride the first time. My advice is to check the fit of your glasses immediately in case you get a loose pair so you can ask for a replacement.
    Dreaming of dreams
    1983 - off-site; 1998 - CBR; 2001 - CSR; 2005 - CSR; 2007 - SSR; Dec. 2008-Jan. 09, off-site, March 2011 - BWV; Dec. 2012 - off-site, June 2013 - SSR, June 14-20, 2017 - BWV.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbarnhart View Post
    My only complaint about the ride is the 3D glasses didn't fit my daughter very well and she had to hold them during most of the ride the first time. My advice is to check the fit of your glasses immediately in case you get a loose pair so you can ask for a replacement.

Thank you for the advice / tip
    OCt 29 - Nov 5/6 Off site
    Dec 3 - 10/11 Off site

Glad to help. The second time we rode the ride, we told the cast member about the loose glasses. She said sometimes they get stretched by the previous user. But the ride instructions tell you to hold onto the handlebars with both hands (you're leaning forward while straddling a seat) and my daughter had to use one hand to hold onto her glasses. But the ride is awesome, worth the wait and I'll definitely ride it many more times.
    Dreaming of dreams
    1983 - off-site; 1998 - CBR; 2001 - CSR; 2005 - CSR; 2007 - SSR; Dec. 2008-Jan. 09, off-site, March 2011 - BWV; Dec. 2012 - off-site, June 2013 - SSR, June 14-20, 2017 - BWV.

Glad to hear that the ride is enjoyable even if you have not seen the movie. I've never seen Avatar and have been less than enthused about Pandora but all the good reviews have gotten me a little more excited.
    Karen
    WDW College Program Alum Spring 2000

1984 - Contemporary
    1991 - Caribbean Beach
    1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2000 - Vista Way (College Program)
    2001 - AllStar Music
    2002,2003,2005,2006 & 2007-Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 - Beach Club & Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2009 - Saratoga Springs(x2) Pop
    2010 - Boardwalk Inn, AKL & Coronado Springs
    2011- POFQ, Kidani Village,Old Key West, Beach Club
    2012 - AKL & Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!)
    2013 - POFQ