Thread: Refillable mugs

Refillable mugs

I have searched but found little new information about the new micro chip refillable mugs. If you buy the mug is the refillable drinks part of the price or do you purchase the mug and pay to be able to use it the time you are there? We are going to be there for the week. What is the price for the week ( mug / refillable price if having a seperate price ). Has anybody used it recently? What is your opinion on being worth the price? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Re: Refillable mugs

When you purchase the mug it will be activated for use. The refills are free. I believe the mugs are $17.99 for length of stay. The value is dependent on your use. If you plan to be at or eat at your resort several times it's probably worth it. If you hit the parks early and stay all day/evening eating all your meals in the parks then it may not be worth it.

We usually get one or two mugs for our family of three to share. For us it's probably a good deal since we're at our resort enough to use it two to three times a day. Some resorts are easier to use it than others due to size and location. I try not to drink any soda but when we're at WDW I will allow myself to have a few refills during our stay but my son and husband make up for what I don't drink.
    ~*Stephanie*~

1993 Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 1996 Caribbean Beach resort ~1997 Caribbean Beach ~2003 Wilderness Lodge~2004 Beach Club/Shades of Green/Pop~ 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club ~ 2006 Saratoga Springs~2007 French Quarter/Beach Club/Boardwalk ~2007 Port Orleans Riverside~ 2008 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club~2008 Beach Club~2009 Hilton Head Island~ 2009 Beach Club~2010 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club~2011 Beach Club/Pop~2011 Beach Club

he refillable mugs are $17.99, no matter the length of stay, which is a downer if you are only going for a weekend. There is a lockout, which I believe is 4 minutes, so you can not just stand there, gulp it down and refill right away. As long as you are not out of the resort first thing in the morning, and closing the parks, it is generally worth it.
    OCt 29 - Nov 5/6 Off site
    Dec 3 - 10/11 Off site

I need to get a life besides MouseBuzz!! jo-jo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher View Post

We usually get one or two mugs for our family of three to share. For us it's probably a good deal since we're at our resort enough to use it two to three times a day. Some resorts are easier to use it than others due to size and location. I try not to drink any soda but when we're at WDW I will allow myself to have a few refills during our stay but my son and husband make up for what I don't drink.

For some resorts you walk quite a distance from your room to refill. By the time you get back , you're thirsty again. We used to get mugs all the time, then got one mugs but bought a few 2 L bottles of soda (from disney gift shops) Now with grocery delivery services, our thinking has changed. Unless our room is very close to a refill spot we won't buy. Including a tip, we can get 3 - 12 packs of cans from Prime Now (an amazon service) for the same cost as a mug.