Thread: Hotter than hot, but a good trip

I need to get a life besides MouseBuzz!! jo-jo's Avatar

Hotter than hot, but a good trip

Not really a trip report, just a few comments.

We went with family. Stayed at BCV from Sept 23 to Oct 1.

DH and I arrived earlier than the rest of the family. Our room was ready by around 10 am. Great location, only a few doors away from the elevator. And we were able to stay in the same room. The reservation was under our points the first night and the rest under another member's point. We were told they couldn't be linked unless we arranged for a three way call and I didn't want to bother the other member, so we took our chances, but it worked out ok. We did have to check in and out and that caused issues with the MB. Both days we had to go back to the front desk for them to be fixed.

We ordered some things from PRIME NOW. We will use them again.

We rented a wheelchair from walker mobility. It was about the same price as renting from disney but we had the wheelchair outside the parks. To board transportation, we waited in line with DH in chair and then folded it up and wheeled it on like a stroller. I had brought along some battery run twinkle lights and wrapped them around the big wheels. We were soooo cool for old people.

Few things with resort, the soda machines were out, but since we didn't plan on buying a mug that wasn't an issue for us. ( they put in the coke free style machines) The main bank of elevators only had one working the entire week. That of course slowed things down. The one night we had planned to do smores, I asked at the front desk how long does it last. I believe a manager (dark suit) told me they have them from 7 pm until the movie at 8:30. We went down just after 8 and everything was over. I asked at the front desk and then was told it only last about an hour. The next day, we went to our room and found a plate of chocolate chip cookies and two glasses of milk in the fridge. No mention of the smores, but I'm guessing that's why we got them.

Transportation.... One MK bus took about 30 mins to arrive. All other trips on transportation was as expected.....10 mins or so.

We haven't been in Sept in years. My DD chose the time since it was her 15th anniversary. But it was too hot for us. It was low 90's with heat index of a million. We had three little fans that were rechargeable. I had purchased a fuel rod at the phila. airport just for this trip. It came in handy. I had one fan attached to the arm of the wheelchair for DH. One by the push handles for me and one to pass around to the grandkids. From time to time the ones on the wheelchair got passed around as well.

We ate at Germany and Ohana. At both locations the food was fine (although Ohana seemed rushed by the server, we just said we weren't ready for the meats). But the shows seemed lacking. At germany, they did several songs, but didn't do anything with the horns or with the bells. This was at lunch. Is the show at dinner different? At Ohana we were almost done with the meal (and we weren't rushing) before the guy came out , sang about birthdays and then did the hula lesson. No coconut race.

DD and DSIL went around trying all the foods at the food and wine. DH and I were just trying to stay cool.

Cute moment of the trip. DGD age 2. Going through it's a small world, she starts waving and saying "hi kids, Hi kids". That's the reason we endure the heat.

As we were flying home, we saw a rainbow. I turned to DH and saw look there's a rainbow and at the bottom it's disney where all our money is.

Re: Hotter than hot, but a good trip

Sounds like another good trip even with the heat. We usually go in the summer so we don't know much else but hopefully one day we will. I'm glad you can go with your grandkids, those are precious memories for everyone.

We may have to try Prime Now next summer. We've always used we go shop but we're looking at other options. We don't cook so it's just drinks and snacks. I gave up soda/pop a couple of years ago but my guys still want soda for the room. I could pack some snacks in our luggage but I don't want to try pack drinks of any kind.

The elevator at BCV was broken our whole trip last June, I wonder if it's been broken all these months.
    ~*Stephanie*~

1993 Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 1996 Caribbean Beach resort ~1997 Caribbean Beach ~2003 Wilderness Lodge~2004 Beach Club/Shades of Green/Pop~ 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club ~ 2006 Saratoga Springs~2007 French Quarter/Beach Club/Boardwalk ~2007 Port Orleans Riverside~ 2008 Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club~2008 Beach Club~2009 Hilton Head Island~ 2009 Beach Club~2010 Bay Lake Tower/Beach Club~2011 Beach Club/Pop~2011 Beach Club

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher View Post
    Sounds like another good trip even with the heat. We usually go in the summer so we don't know much else but hopefully one day we will. I'm glad you can go with your grandkids, those are precious memories for everyone.

We may have to try Prime Now next summer. We've always used we go shop but we're looking at other options. We don't cook so it's just drinks and snacks. I gave up soda/pop a couple of years ago but my guys still want soda for the room. I could pack some snacks in our luggage but I don't want to try pack drinks of any kind.

The elevator at BCV was broken our whole trip last June, I wonder if it's been broken all these months.
    We had decided before the trip to not get a mug. Sometimes your room is sooooo far away, you're thirsty again before you get back. The mug is $18 times 2= $36

With Amazon Prime, we got

5 2-lt bottle soda,
    one 6 pack bottles soda,
    one 12 pack cans soda,
    24 pack of water,
    2 1/2 gal jug of water,
    1/2 gals cartons of milk, grape juice, oj (2) (remember we had grandkids, we normally wouldn't drink this much, LOL.)
    chips
    cookies
    bunch of banana
    bagels.

Even with tip for amazon and bell services, the total was $65. In my opinion, a better use of money than the $36 for two mugs. We had cold drinks in room, no traveling back and forth to food court or carrying mugs in the parks.
    Last edited by jo-jo; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher View Post

Last trip with DGS, we used WEGOSHOP. We had to submit the very detailed list several weeks ahead. For 4 adults and 2 kids, we got drinks (juice, water, etc) frozen breakfast items, bagels , juice boxes, fruit, snacks. Spend about $150 in groceries, then about $30 in service fees, another $30 -40 in tips for shopper and bell services. Part way through the trip, we used prime now for a few other things, but at the end we ended up throwing away stuff.

Prime Now has expanded it's grocery list since that trip. Doesn't mean they have everything, but SOME fresh fruit, SOME frozen breakfast stuff, ....enough that I'd feel better doing two or three orders with prime now and not have waste at the end of the trip.