Thread: concierge level food selections?

Mouseketeer

concierge level food selections?

Has anyone who has stayed at the GF Sugarloaf seen an improvement (over summer 2003) in the AFTERNOON concierge level food selections?

It was rather 'thin' when we stayed there July 2003 and when we were checking out and talking to the staff about our stay - we mentioned it and they said they had several similar comments about it and they were hoping to make improvements.

I just wondered if they had changed it at all??

Thanks!
    InterFX

[Countdown=July 1, 2007 7:00:00 PM EST;Off to Walt Disney World;RED]Countdown to our 14 Year Wedding Anniversary WDW trip with our 3 kids![/countdown]

WDW - 2007 - July - GF
    WDW - 2007 - BVP - DH with work
    WDW - 2006 - BVP - Mom's Wknd!
    WDW - 2006 - BVP - DH with work
    WDW - 2004 - GF - 11 yr anniv w/3 kids
    WDW - 2003 - GF - 10 yr anniv w/3 kids
    WDW - 1993 - Honeymoon at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Were going in Nov, I've been reading every review I could find. Everything I've read about the concierge at GF is disappointing. Even the good reviews seemed to lacking that special something. Really, this is the GF the big dog of Disney. I was expecting it to be the best concierge. So were going to stay for three days (garden view). Then go to AKL for two days concierge. Some in our party are going to give the sunrise safar a try. Everything I've read has really got me going, I can't wait. Here's a lovely site I've found. www.suitedisney.com :love: Tina

We were invited to visit the concierge level at the Wilderness Lodge during breakfast hours last month. It was essentially pastries, coffee and juices like many budget motels have in their lobby. Nothing more and nothing less. The concierge services offered on the concierge level are all available at guest services.

The cost difference for the concierge level leads me to think the target market for this add-on is (1) people who don't care about cost at all and (2) people who don't get out much, people who believe paying to be called V.I.P. makes them a V.I.P.

Concierge level at WDW is Disney's way of changing extra for what they should offer all resort guests.

Currently in Timeout! mickaholic4077's Avatar
    I agree with you,gregc.

Originally posted by gregc

The cost difference for the concierge level leads me to think the target market for this add-on is (1) people who don't care about cost at all and (2) people who don't get out much, people who believe paying to be called V.I.P. makes them a V.I.P.
    I am very offended by your comments and certainly sterotyping people that select a certain level of service is just rude.

We all have reason why we choose a certain resort, services etc.. These are all personal choices (i.e. favorite resort, convenience). Your comments about concierge guest not caring about cost, not getting out much, and thinking that paying to be a VIP make them a VIP is nonsense.

I stayed at BC concierge in November 2003. I did it for my own personal reason, not the ones you suggested. Although this level of service is not for everyone you should not take potshots at those whom choose it.

The services offered by concierge go far beyond the ones you listed at the top of your post. I would suggested to anyone thinking about this service just like any other add-on do your homework and see if the service meets your needs or expectations.

Paula
    Last edited by preidel24; 02-18-2004 at 01:18 PM.
    ^i^ * Postcard Pixie * ^i^ ~ Sharing the Disney magic ~

[Countdown=October 1, 2005 1:32:30 AM EST;Off to Walt Disney World;[RED]Countdown to my next WDW Trip![/Countdown]

Discover the Magic - and you'll be hooked for life!!!

I must agree with you, Paula. We had concierge service on our first cruise - we had to use up DVC points or forfeit them - but whatever the reason you choose this service, it is a personal one. I certainly do not think of myself as more "important" or a "VIP" for using the concierge. Please don't stereotype people.
    Tie your shoes, pack a good lunch and remember we're all in this together

janice

Doesn't that service also offer seperate check-ins, snacks and drinks all day and drinks in the evening? I also believe they handle all of your PS's if you want. I think they handle a bit more then danish.
    ~ 82 off-site ~ 91 off-site ~ 97 Music ~ 00 Movies ~
    ~ 02 WL ~ 04 AKL ~ 05 AKL & Poly ~ 06 OKW ~
    ~ 07 POFQ ~ 08 OKW ~ 09 SSR ~ 10 CSR ~
    ~ 10 POFQ ~ 11 POP ~ 12 Dolphin ~ 12 Art Of Animation ~
    13 SSR ~ 13 AKL- Club~ 13 Contemporary ~13 Pop Century
    14 Coronado Springs ~14 Disney Magic and POFQ ~ 14 YC/Movies/CSR

Thanks for speaking out. This is the first time I've ever interacted on the net. I've found the experance to be quite lovely. Lets face it every one at home is sick of me talking about disney, this is my outlet. Latley I've felt like people were making other people feel bad. Everone has there opinion, but not at the expense of making other people feel bad about there selfs. I'm going to concierge becouse YES I do need to feel special. Its my 40th Bday and I take care of my parents, the list goes on and on. My point is everyone has there reasons.(my childern are making me go) :whistle: ha ha.

Tina:

Have a happy 40th birthday at WDW. I can't think of a better place to spend a birthday.

Paula
    ^i^ * Postcard Pixie * ^i^ ~ Sharing the Disney magic ~

[Countdown=October 1, 2005 1:32:30 AM EST;Off to Walt Disney World;[RED]Countdown to my next WDW Trip![/Countdown]

Discover the Magic - and you'll be hooked for life!!!

PSs can be made at Guest Services at any WDW resort. Separate check-in? Disney resorts should not have a long line at the front desk. If they do, they should fix that rather than offering guests a shorter line for an additional fee.

If a WDW guest wishes to purchase concierge service that's their business ...but it should be an informred decision.

Tina - you have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of your experience!
    Tie your shoes, pack a good lunch and remember we're all in this together

janice

Tina-your trip sounds lovely--who would not love some extra pampering sometimes--and at Disney? Heaven!.:D

Greg, you need to take a chill pill. That is why there is chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Different people like different things:)

I agree if you can do it and its something you want why not!:D I think it depends on the resort your at some resorts have better concerige service then others as i have heard that some do not offer much for snacks and others give a full spread. i have never done the service so can not tell you which one is better. i do know that we want to try it out for a couple nights to get the extra frills some resorts offer like AK has the safari breakfast you can do only if your on the concerige level. everyone has there own way to do disney, there really is no correct way to do it. its your money you may be saving for it for a special reason so spend as you please. oh and by the way---- HAVE FUN!!!!!!!
    happiness is...being in wdw

next trip to disney christmas 2007